Thursday, October 28, 2010

This week has been a hot one!  Our apartment complex thought it was time to shut off the cool air so we 
are sitting in some serious humid and muggy conditions when in our place.  It has been mid-70s and has been melting the candy corns in my vases.  Yesterday it felt like I was sitting in the sauna with a thick layer of sweaty, shiny film over my face.  Then it started to pour.  We couldn't pass up this opportunity to play in the very warm rain and cool off.  So out we went.  

Caroline was hesitant to get anything but her feet wet at first and she just stood there for a while.

Then she looked up at me with a huge grin and said, "Can I get my clothes wet!?" like it was a crazy idea.
So she put down the umbrella and started to get soaked.

And then she was off, running up and down the sidewalk at full speed, laughing hysterically.

It was a perfect summer, I mean end-of-October fall day.

3 comments:

Lauren Stuart and Madeline Jane said...

Ah, she is so dang cute! She puts a smile on my face!!

The Winegar's said...

How fun that you just let her play in the rain. What a fun thing!

Katie Bell said...

How fun!!! its been way hott here too! I have been wishing we still had our window AC in!! It looks like you had a blast!