Tuesday, October 26, 2010

A little bit {tinky}

Caroline has known what she wanted to be for Halloween since summer.  Months ago out of the blue she said, "I want to be Tinkerbell for Halloween."  
I get really excited for Halloween, and Adam and I, well I LOVE dressing up and Adam is always a good sport.  
I was not excited about the Tinkerbell idea for some reason.  I had in mind a cute little Bo-Peep and Olive a sheep or some other cute combo.
Caroline was off and rolling with the Peter Pan theme, however.  She assigned Adam to be Peter Pan.  We suggested Captain Hook, but she insisted on a tight wearing character :)  I was to be Wendy and at first she wanted Olive to be Captain Hook.  A few weeks later she had a grand vision of Olive being Nanna, the dog, which I loved.

Now the fun began.  My super sew savvy friend said I should make the costumes.  I was hesitant at first, but after a trip to the fabric store, I was becoming more excited.  She basically gave me sewing lessons to get the costumes done. Even if they wouldn't have turned out, Caroline's reaction the morning she saw her costume made it all worth it!  She went out to the living room and I could here her say very enthusiastically, "Oh, WOW!" (spin around) "Wow!  Mom, it's sooo TINKY!  Thank you for making my costume mom!" 






No comments: