Wednesday, February 3, 2010

I really can't believe that after "one more bedtime" (as I tell Caroline each day as we count down) my sisters will be here! There was talk of a visit in the Spring, and it is definitely not spring here in Concord, but they arrive tomorrow! Maybe I'll have a baby every winter. We have missed them so much and I truly can't believe they are coming.
Corinne has 4 darling boys that I can't believe she is leaving for this trip. She can't bear to be away from them. She is the best mother and I learn a lot from her on how to parent. I admire how patient she always is with her four rambunctious boys. They are always doing something fun and when we were in Utah we loved going along. She's a spazz and we definitely have that in common. She can make all of us siblings laugh by her craziness.
Erika is the major brain of the family. She is a pharmacist and I swear she became one with ease. We have had many exciting adventures together. We lived in Africa for a couple of months and bonded eating snail, showering in the rain, walking from village to village, and helping Erika get over illness. We backpacked through Europe with friends which was bliss. The hostels seemed like 5 star hotels after being in Africa! Erika is also naturally very athletic. Adam and I joined her two summers ago to run the 188-mile Ragnar relay. We were so glad she set it all up!
I've always wantedto be like them in so many ways. Oh I heart them and am very touched that they are coming to visit!

6 comments:

Here And Happy! said...

Sisters!!! Aren't sisters divinity (or is that butter?) I'm so happy that your sisters are coming, especially since everybody really needs a big fat dose of yummy baby right this minute, before she's gone. And of course, who could live without Caroline for more than a few months at a time? I know WE'LL BE BACK! (we're rather attached to the parentals too--they just don't get as much press as those angel pies!)

Here And Happy! said...

Oh, and Andrea, when you come down from your euphoria, you might want to rethink that comment about "baby every winter...I'm just sayin'...

The Winegar's said...

I'm so pleased that you all get along so well. I love that picture of you three. I'm really proud of you all and your accomplishments and that I raise such outstanding women. Have fun this weekend. I know you will.

Nate and Di said...

hooray for sisters! I also have 2 sisters that I miss like crazy! I hope you have a great time together!

Dan and Jen said...

That's so great that Corinne and Erika get to visit!! Dan and I were talking about childhood memories that other day and I told him that you and I used to dress up in your sister's clothes. Good times. Not many of my early childhood memories are without the Winegar ladies.

Corinne said...

I love that picture of us and I think it was funny that we all wore pink and didn't even plan it. I love you!