Friday, January 23, 2009

Friday's Fabulous Five!

1- Oh yes, the law school applications are all in! It was a lot of work for Adam, but he got it all done. Way to go sweetie! We are so excited to find out our fate.
2- I took up a new hobby..well I tried it before and didn't like it...crocheting! It is much for fun to make cute hats for Caroline than to crochet endlessly around a baby blanket. My mom and I went to a class, and it was a lot of fun.
3- Caroline sings along to songs...it melts my heart. She will sing a phrase here and there, and many of the last words from a line. She is loving "Popcorn popping" and does actions, many Signing Times songs, as well as primary songs...like "Jesus wants me for a Sunbeep".
4- Last weekend was so fun! We had a date night with kids. I loved it and it was fun to be with such a fun crowd. Watching Caroline play with others fascinates me. Doesn't it make you wonder what you were like as a kid? I do all the time.
5- We found some chopsticks that Adam's dad brought back from his mission in Japan. They are the real deal, with a fancy case and all. We ate with them for dinner tonight! Doitashi mashite, Don't mention it...errr that's my favorite Japanese phrase!

6 comments:

Dan and Jen said...

Fun five. i think I might start doing this. And I love the parade pictures. I hope you are doing well. Let me know.

Here And Happy! said...

Aishite imasu Beckstrom family! Jesus want us all for a sunbeep.

Holly said...

Hey where did you take your class with your mom? I've been wanting to get into knitting and am trying to find a class. Maybe the place you went to teaches knitting as well.

The Beckstroms said...

The crochet class was at a darling shop in Sugarhouse called Pipers Quilts and Comforts. There were people there who were knitting so maybe I will see you there!

Anonymous said...

Holly,
If you want to learn to knit, I would be happy to teach you. That's what I do best. Let Andrea know.

Mary Winegar

ClancyPants said...

Hey! I know that little shop! My sister Sarah is really good friends with the lady who owns it. How fun for you to get to go to a class with your mom!