Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Olive Mary {4 months}

Little miss Olive munchie:
Still loving to munch her hand dessert
Has melted our hearts with her adorable laugh, 
which she refuses to have recorded
Loves to sleep swaddled, but enjoys her limbs being free most of the day
She is strong and almost rolls from back to front
Continues to love extruding her tongue and slobber
Makes me cry when she will snuggle on the bed with me and
I get to watch her eyes get heavy as she drifts off to sleep
Makes me cry when she is so smiley and happy 
after her naps and she shows me her 
bright eyes and (recently curled up) lashes
Makes me cry when I feel so grateful 
that third times the charm, and to not take these fast moving moments for granted, 
and that the wait taught us patience and was WELL worth it.                                    





Olive got this cute little leotard in the mail one day and Caroline of course spotted it.  She calls leotards "ballets" and I don't correct her because I absolutely love that she refers to them as that.  She was very excited to get dressed up with Olive.
Caroline: Mom, is that my ballet!?
Me:  No, it's Olive's, she got it in the mail today.
Caroline:  Oh, wow! (Then she picks it up and hugs it)
Can Olive wear this and I will wear my ballet?
Me: Of course.
Caroline:  And I can wear a pretty bracelet and shoes, and so can Olive! And mommy, she needs a pink bow.
I love that she wanted them to be dressed just the same, she was very concerned that Olive wasn't wearing leg warmers, so we remedied that problem.  I just love their little ruffle bums.

8 comments:

Mary said...

I love the ruffle-bum too. Caroline sounds like a great big sister. :o)

Corinne said...

Cute bums!!

And how cute is Caroline's outfit in the top pic? They are sooooo cute and I am soooosooosooo excited to see them soon!!!

Love you!

The Winegar's said...

Cute ruffle bums, cute girls. They are going to have such fun together.

Love you. Love them. 29 more days. Who's excited!!!

Jamilyn said...

So cute, Andrea! I LOVE your little girls.

Britters and Parx said...

She is growing up too fast! She is DARLING!!! Oh I can't wait to see you this summer! When do you come?

Here And Happy! said...

Darling bums! Bring those and everything else with you when you come home, soon soon soon!

The Hilton Family~ said...

I can't believe Olive is 4 months already! That has gone so fast! I love that Caroline wanted Olive to be dressed up just like her. So sweet. You are so sweet about the picture on our blog. I was pregnant and so so sick, so thanks for the kind compliment. Can't wait to see you this summer. Miss you all tons!

Sherrie said...

Oh my! Look how big Caroline is! And you have a new little one and Adam is in law school! Wow! I guess I lost touch there for awhile :)