Sunday, October 25, 2009

Keene Pumpkin Festival


Last weekend Caroline and I were able to go to an amazing pumpkin festival. Adam was studying and wasn't able to go, so we drove up with the Fish family which was fun. The drive up was beautiful and we drove through many quaint little towns. There were a lot of other families that came as well. There were over 25,000 lit pumpkins that lined the main street of Keene. People send their pumpkins from all over the country to be displayed at the festival. The smell of the lit pumpkins was such a delightful scent to take in. There were two gigantic pumpkins towers and then risers with pumpkins on them throughout the streets. We even got to see fireworks at the end, one of my favorite things. Caroline kept saying, "There's magic in the sky mom!" My pictures don't do the event justice, but you'll get the idea.
Some of the great families: The Fish's, the Gardner's, and the Stringham's. The Dortch's, Krueger's, and Mecham's were also there, but they were out enjoying the pumpkins, taking someone to the potty, or standing in line for a delicious pumpkin treat.



7 comments:

Halley said...

So fun! Glad you and Caroline were able to make it. What a night...

Adam B said...

Sad I missed it but soooo glad that you have so many wonderful friends out here to spend time with while I am stuck in the library! I love you sweetheart!!!

The Winegar's said...

Sounds like fun. That would have been something to see with all the pumpkins sent in from all over. What neat things you have to do while you are back there.

Jamilyn said...

"There's magic in the sky."

I could just die from how cute she is. Seriously.

Hugs from Michigan.

Here And Happy! said...

Jamilyn and I also shared an extra good day in Boston at a pumpkin festival there. Isn't it just like autumn-in-a-jar?! Glad you got to go. Love fireworks too--definitely "magic in the sky"! Hug lil' C for her Grandma B.

The Hilton Family~ said...

Oh My goodness! I bet that was such a neat thing to go and see. How fun! I love Autumn and all that comes with it:)

Kaeloni said...

Oh my goodness. I doubt you remember me but we were in the same ward like 2 years ago. Bennion 12th or whatever it was! I can't believe how big Caroline is....she was a baby when I last saw here. She's still as cute as ever tho! It seems like a lot has been going on in your family!